Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana
National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC)
National Backward Classes Finance and Development Corporation (NBCFDC) is the implementing partner for the Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana,as far as OBCs, EBCs, DNTs are concerned.
100% cost of the training programmes under PM-DAKSH yojana is borne by the Grant-in-aid from Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment and training programmes are free of cost for the trainees.
It is a multi-pronged strategy to improve the all-round competency and adeptness of the following sections of the target group:
- artisans may improve their revenue generation capacities within their practicing vocations,
- women may enter into self-employment thereby financially empowering themselves without neglecting their domestic activities; and
- youth may acquire long-term training and specialization in employable vocations giving them better standing in the job market.
Target Group of under PM-DAKSH
- Scheduled Castes (SCs) (NSFDC)
- Other Backward Classes (OBCs) with annual family income upto Rs.3.00 lakh, (NBCFDC)
- Economically Backward Classes (EBCs) with annual family income upto Rs.1.00 lakh, (NBCFDC)
- De-notified, Nomadic and Semi Nomadic Tribes without any annual family income criterion. (NBCFDC)
- Sanitation workers including waste pickers and other similar categories (NSKFDC)
Categories of Skill Training under PM-DAKSH
The skill development training programmes under PM-DAKSH yojana are conducted in four categories of training programmes, details of which is mentioned as under:
(A) Up-skilling/Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL):
- The training for rural artisans, domestic workers, sanitation workers etc. on the vocation of practice, such as pottery, weaving, carpentry, waste segregation, domestic workers, etc. along with financial and digital literacy.
- Duration: Spaced over up to one month
- Training cost will be limited to the extent of Common Cost Norms, besides Rs.2,500/- to trainees towards compensation of wage loss.
(B) Short Term Trainings (focus on wage/self-employment)
- Training programmes as per National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF)/ National Occupational Standard (NOS), issued by MSDE
- Focus on wage/self-employment opportunities such as self-employed tailors training, furniture making, food processing, etc. along with financial and digital literacy.
- Duration: Normally 2 to 5 months, as stipulated in National Occupational Standards (NOS) and Qualification Packs (QPs).
- Training cost will be limited to the extant of Common Cost Norms. Besides this stipend @ Rs. 1500/- per month per trainee in case of NSFDC & NSKFDC and @ Rs. 1000/ per month per trainee in case of NBCFDC to the eligible trainees of non-residential training programmes.
(C) Entrepreneurial Development Programmes (EDP):
- SC and OBC youth who have preferably undergone skill training under the PMKVY and are having an entrepreneurial bent of mind.
- Curriculum to be modelled on the programmes of MoRD being implemented by the RSETIs. To be conducted by RSETIs, NIESBUD, IIE and like.
- Sessions on Business Opportunity Guidance, Market Survey, Working Capital and its Management, Business Plan Preparation etc.
- Duration: Normally 10-15 days or as stipulated by MoRD.
- Training cost as per norms of MoRD/Common Cost Norms (CCN)
(D) Long Term Courses (focus on wage/self-employment)
- Training programmes will be as per NSQF, NCVT, AICTE, MSME etc. in areas such as production technology, plastic processing, apparel technology, health care sector, etc.
- Duration: Normally 6 months and above and usually up-to 1 year, as stipulated by the concerned board/regulatory body of the training centre.
- Training cost as per CCN or as stipulated by concerned Board. Besides this stipend @ Rs. 1500/- per month per trainee in case of NSFDC & NSKFDC and @ Rs. 1000/ per month per trainee in case of NBCFDC to the eligible trainees of non-residential training programmes.
PM-DAKSH Portal and App
In order to implement PM-DAKSH scheme effectively, PM-DAKSH Portal and App has been launched on 7th August 2021. The portal and app has been developed by National eGovernance Division (NeGD).
The link of PM-DAKSH portal - https://pmdaksh.dosje.gov.in/
The PMDAKSH app can be downloaded on android device through Play Store.
The key features of the portal and app are explained as under:
- Complete coverage of the skilling lifecycle
- Through PM-DAKSH Portal and App, candidates can register themselves online by getting information related to training like training programme offered, duration, location etc. and can submit their documents on the portal/app itself.
- The trainees can give psychometric text on portal/app itself.
- Attendance is recorded through Artificial Intelligence (AI) based facial scanning and its complete information is available on PM DAKSH portal.
- The portal ensures transparency and better monitoring as the complete information about training programme is available on the portal.
- Integration with PFMS for better tracking of funds and Stipend through DBT to trainees